Friday, July 6, 2012

Upcoming Alopecia Events!

Hey everyone!

In the coming months, there are quite a few major Alopecia Areata events you should mark on your calendars!

1. On July 14th  there will be a CAP Kid Picnic in Limerick, PA! Just come to Manderach Memorial Park, Swamp Pike and Ziegler Rd, Limerick, PA between 3-7pm! Everyone is welcome to bring a side, dessert, or drinks to contribute to the picnic. Contact  betsywoytovich@yahoo.com for more info!
This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
2. Annually, the National Alopecia Areata Foundation hosts a conference in a different city where tons of baldees can meet for a whole weekend of fun. People from all over the world who have Alopecia (of any kind) travel to attend the conference, meet others who can relate to them, learn about the latest research and even meet vendors who offer hair solutions or solutions to common issues.
July 19-22, 2012 NAAF will be hosting the conference in Washington, DC. Among the benefits mentioned above, attendees will also have the chance to lobby for funding for research for a cure!

If you have never attended the NAAF Conference, or haven't been in a while, I definitely suggest rearranging your schedule! Visit the link provided for further information, and see if you could rearrange your schedule to visit with me in 13 days!

3. Alopeciapalooza is an annual camp hosted by the CAP- Children's Alopecia Project! Betsy and Jeff, who run the organization, are complete sweethearts and they have a passion for making every kids camp experience as FUN as can be! They have daughters of their own, and Maddie, their middle daughter, happens to be a fellow baldie! I caught wind this morning that camp is sold out for this year! Bravo to CAP! But be sure to check back in the coming months for info on Alopeciapalooza 2013! I leave in about a month for North Carolina to attend my second CAP Camp!

4. NAAF Bowling Event in Tucson, AZ on Saturday August 4th from 12-2pm! What a fun way to meet other people with Alopecia and even introduce your kids to other kids!

5. One of my favorite events of the year is the annual Let Your Hair Down Gala to benefit the National Alopecia Areata Foundation! The event this year will definitely be one to remember! Mark your calendars for October 19th and plan to bring the whole family to New Jersey! Lilliana, her sister Isabella and I will be the stars of the evening along with some special surprise celebrity guests! Kids are welcome to come. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer!

If you are hosting an upcoming event, please share it with us on the Facebook Group, Kayla's Corner for Women & Kids with Hair Loss! I hope you are all staying cool and enjoying the gorgeous summer! After a few days without electricity during the heat wave, we are thrilled here in the DC Suburbs to have air conditioning again. I have been spending lots of time traveling lately, including in a few days in NYC, a few days in Delaware and some time teaching my modeling students at Barbizon!

See you next week!

Love,
Kayla

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your story today out of fear. I know this seems silly.. Because look how beautiful you are. But I am losing my hair. The doctors can't find a reason, and it just keeps falling. Eyebrows and eyelashes too. I wanted to thank you for your honesty and your writing. It makes me feel better... I know you're very busy but as a girl around your age, I'd low any advice you have for someone in my position. I'm not sure if it is alopecia or not, but I don't know who to turn to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Har Vokse may be a complete new duel action hair restoration product that is alleged to prevent hair loss in nearly an immediate. It helps produce re-growth that is not only thicker but stronger than before. This resolution to hair loss performs on 2 levels to halt more hair loss and start the renewal method immediately.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad to find so many useful and informative data on your website.more details here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs and information attracts me to come back again n again.
    West Palm Beach Hair Extensions Girl

    ReplyDelete