Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Upcoming Event- Alopeciapalooza 2012!!!

Hi everyone!

This month has just been a whirlwind with lots of traveling and a minor summer flu! Kevin and I are leaving for our honeymoon in just a few hours to celebrate our new chapter with a week away!

Since I was unable to attend the National Alopecia Areata Foundation's Conference this year- which happened to be in my neck of the woods- I surely cannot miss my other favorite summer Alopecia event!! Alopeciapalooza 2012 is going to be hitting North Carolina in just two weeks!!! The Children's Alopecia Project hosts this uniquely awesome camp where tons of kids get to hang out for the week and, you'll never believe it... SURF!!! Yep, that's right. These beautiful baldies are going to be hitting the waves (or whatever the appropriate term is!) and making some moves in the water. :) The kids aren't the only ones who will be surfing... The other speakers and I have somehow been convinced to board up and learn to surf right along with the kids.

Now, I'm not sure how this is going to go.. But I can't wait to find out. Learning to surf is on my bucket list, so North Topsail Beach... here I come!

During our time at Alopeciapalooza kids and families alike can hear speakers such as Amanda Altice, Margaret Baker, Laura Carr Hudson, Dr. Patricia Tager, Georgia Van Cuylenberg and many more! Some of the topics include a discussion on treatment options and research directly from a dermatologist, raising your child to be as self-confident as can be, and how to spot a bully. I'll also be speaking based upon the topic, "Finding the Normal in Alopecia: What Makes Me, Me".

Clearly, there is a lot in store for the week! But, that's not it... Kids will be fishing, touring a turtle sanctuary, paddleboarding, playing in a family volleyball game, enjoying a big bonfire and bocce all and, of course, surfing!!!

Best of all, kids with Alopecia get to be surrounded by a group of fellow baldies who can all relate to each other. What could be better?

If you are interested in learning more about the Children's Alopecia Project, who hosts Alopeciapalooza- or in attending next year- visit www.children'salopeciaproject.org

So who will I be seeing in North Carolina?? Visit Kayla's Corner on Facebook and let me know!

I'm off to get my base tan before this terrific camp, so I'll see you all there! Have a great week, and special thank-you to CAP Founders, Jeff and Betsy Woytovich (and their lovely daughters) for including me in my second Alopeciapalooza!

Be sure to follow me on twitter @MissDelaware10 for all my fun tips and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment